Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Please Read - Can You Help??

These economic times are so troubling to me.  There are so many families in need due to no fault of their own and the holiday season is especially hard for them.  We received this just yesterday - if you can help us help this family - in any way,  please contact us.  We plan to do whatever we can to help them. 


> To: holyangels@live.com
> Subject: Attn: Reys of Hope--In need of a Christmas miracle
>
> To Whom It May Concern:

> I am writing this email in concern for Christmas for my family. I have written and/or called many organizations requesting some help for Santa.  My husband and I have five children,3 girls ages 16, 13, and 6; and twin boys age 4.  Three of our children believe in Santa BUT unfortunately in order to keep at a least food in their belly and a roof over their heads, we need to struggle to pay the bills.  One of the local toy program groups were very rude and said that they cannot add my children to their list.  We have been refused by local churches and other charity groups, they all stated they were overwhelmed.   And I am sure that this is so however,I am giving up hope that any place can help out and give my children at least some kind of miracle.  We are not asking for much,  just something to place under the tree or stockings.  My husband is currently unemployed, has been for almost two years, and I just graduated college and can't get a job.  I work part-time at a cafeteria in town.  This is very depressing, our twin boys birthday is Dec. 4th and again nothing, we do get foodstamps so I can get food for my family and at least birthday cakes or make one.  I saw your ad on craigslist asking for people to give to your cause.   I was wondering if you could help us or possibly know of anyone who could help.  We are not asking for anything fancy, we are not asking for gift cards or cash.  We are not trying to take advantage, we just need a little help just to make our children have alittle happiness on that day.  I hate that Christmas is so commercial as it places alot of pressure on families who cannot compete with other families who are well-off.  Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.  I know that this is a busy time for your organization and the good that you do for single parents, women and children. God bless

2 comments:

  1. i will have stuff for this family tuesday yes i am struggling for christmas but i have stuffed animals my daughter is allergic to them so i will contact fr john i will not have them until tuesday though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did this family get anything yet?

    ReplyDelete