Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

A CONVERSATION WITH A WOMAN ON THE RESERVATION

When I called the Reservation I asked the woman who answered the phone what did she think would be the most important thing they might need there besides food.Her answer shocked me and it also saddened me. She said "some pacifiers for when the babies cry because they are hungry. "She explained to me the majority of children are being raised by their grandparents so nursing is out of the question. I am writing this conversation in hopes someone will read this and maybe send formula to the reservation.They also have a need for infant clothes .The address again is:
                                                           PASTOR KAREN
                                                     C/O  RETREAT COMMUNITY CENTER
                                                          51  EAST  HIGHWAY 18
                                                              PINE RIDGE RESERVATION
                                                                            S.D.  57770

No comments:

Post a Comment