Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So Sad......

Here is a copy of an email I got from Peaches early this morning - if you read our December 2008 post you will find the write up about this family and the Christmas tree.

Please read: This is from the lady who got the christmas tree...we have been chatting....such a shame...I cannot imagine a solution will be found anytime soon...her last email when I asked allot of ?'s she wrote in response...this sad answer

"In July we lost our house. We were going to move to Indiana, my husband has family there. We got there and he couldn't find a job so we came back to find work for him and a place to live. His mom said she'd keep my 2 little ones while we found a place. Now she wants temporary custody so that has made finding a place 20 times more serious. We cant find a place due to him literally just starting work last week. We are praying daily for a miracle to get a place so we can go get them before she does anything else. I talk to them every couple days, our cell phones are off so it's not easy. I miss them so much I cry every day."

Last Christmas, the Siemens Company generously donated a Christmas to this family, a beautiful tree, and gifts including a check. The family felt the tree was gift enough and did not even want to accept the other gifts. How can this happen? The Mom has serious medical problems, the Dad works they are trying so hard. .... Yesterday Bernanke said the recession was over - it appears it is a depression for this family. If you can help or know of an organization that can assist them in obtaining funding or a deposit or a place to live - please contact us. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. What county do they live in? I work for the Board of Social Services in Ocean County. Depending on their county they could apply for assistance through their local Social Services. If there is funding available they can see about giving them a security deposit and first month rent. I would suggest that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think they live in Burlington County. I will let Peaches know since she has contact with the family. Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete