Translate

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Christmas Preparations

Yesterday, Fr. John, Pat, Ruth and myself met to load up more gear for our families - Ruth brought mittens, gloves, socks, coloring books, crayons and notepads which she purchased to be included with the other gifts for the kids. Ruth and I worked on the flannel pants and this week we handed over 11 pair, plus I made some Christmas outfits for little girls - so some will have a new outfit to wear for the holiday. I spent hours in my sewing room - I wish I had a few experienced sewing ladies to help - we could really turn out some stuff. Fr. John and I purchased the flannel and the little outfits came from my never ending stash of fabric. Fr. John and Pat left my house with a full truck of toys, baby clothes, stuffed animals, blankets, afghans and more, donated by very generous folks. They also brought us a thank you letter from a young mother we recently helped. Peaches has been working around the clock to sort, box, wrap and prepare the deliveries for the families we are helping. Pat and John have been driving all over the county picking up goods and dropping off. It is a never ending and rewarding experience. If you wish to help, please email us at holyangels@live.com. Look for some pictures of me and Ruth showing off the goods. We'll also have a surprise picture of our mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment