Translate

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Message From Peaches - Our Tireless Worker

Hello everyone!!  Sorry I haven't written.  Unfortunately, I had a broken computer then no computer for quite awhile.  As soon as I bought a new computer,  the cable decided it wouldn't  work.  They have been fixing it almost daily for about 2 months.  Since it has been working 40 of the last 48 hours I decided now is the time to write. 

First let me say, each and every single day of the past year has been spent doing Reys of Hope work.   That includes pick-ups, drop-offs, sorting and of course even more sorting and boxing up items.  There has NOT been one day or night in the past year and beyond where there has been an exception to that rule.

Wanting to make sure everyone knew how much we appreciated their donations and what becomes of them once we get them,  I had kept very very detailed records of every donation and help offered to another.  I had decided that way after 6 months I would post a detailed thank you and drop off entry here on the blog.   It would be very long but that fact alone would make for an interesting read…  I spent a little time everyday for 6 weeks putting it in an easy to read format which totaled almost 50 pages.  I saved them and readied them to send to our Suzan to post.   As luck would have it, the day I decided it was finally ready I opened the computer to find it unable to boot up. Turns out my computer would never work again.  I tried data recovery and discovered my hard drive was fried and the stuff was gone.  I have started keeping the records again in a calendar book as of July 1, 2010.   I will be sure to send it every month so that this sort of situation does not happen ever again.

Beyond that I do hope that each and every one of you that donates to us realizes (even with out your names being posted here due to the computer issues) that without you there would be no Reys of Hope.    We may be the ones that get the items where they need to go but only because you donate them.  Together we are touching people and changing lives.   We are dressing those that would never have multiple outfits if not for donations.  In the case of new babies, we are the reason that some  have any clothing at all, not to mention a crib to sleep in, a stroller to be pushed in, and a high chair to sit in; giving clothing so children are not embarrassed to attend school, so adults can go to work in more then the same 3 or 4 outfits they have, keeping others in seasonal clothes so they are warmer or cooler then they would have been.   When we do get food donations, they allow us to give to those  that would go to  bed hungry if not for that food.   With pet food donations,  we are able to feed pets so they can continue to be kept in a house where they are loved instead of the pound where chances are they will never get out alive.  

I could go on and on but instead I will simply say …You the donors ARE Reys of Hope.  You are the reason we can give hope and help to others.  Without you Reys of Hope would be nothing more then a good idea in the minds of a small group of people.  Thank you for making Reys of Hope a success story and for helping us to help others ~ your efforts make more of a difference then one note could ever explain~Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment