Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

While FR John was in STOP N SHOP
I sat in the car waiting patiently.I watched
an elderly man carrying a bag in the parking lot.
I assumed he was going to his car.But as I watched
him I noticed he seemed to be uncertain which
car was his.After 2 songs on the car radio I
thought perhaps I should approach him.But,what would I say?
Are you lost?Do you need any help?Where are you going?
When I finally decided to make my move the man
looked up at me and said "have you seen my car"/
I replied "I don't know what does it look like?
He seemed unable to give me a definite answer.
Thank goodness a woman ran up to me
and thanked me for keeping her dad occupied.
He has early stages of Dementia.And while
she was packing up the grocery's inside the store he
took off with a bag.No doubt trying to help her.
It just goes to show you if something doesn't look quite right
don't ignore it.You might be just saving someone from harm.
It only takes a moment to show someone you care!

No comments:

Post a Comment